Plain bearings move heavyweight radial gates
Maintenance-free spherical plain bearings from Schaeffler were the number one choice for a new dam construction project in Vietnam. They ensure that the 19 radial gates remain moveable despite high the water pressure and weight of the lock and can be reliably opened and closed.
Advantages of maintenance-free spherical plain bearings
- Maintenance-free – no lubrication necessary, thus ideal for difficult-to-access areas
- Long sliding distance and highest durability
- Wide operating temperature range and withstand high temperature fluctuations
- High level of operational safety and low maintenance cost
- Additional high performance seals – for low friction movements and torque-free applications
Would you like to learn more about our comprehensive catalog of plain bearings?
Don‘t hesitate to contact us!
At a glance
Learn more about the bearing application in the dam project.
More about our plain bearings portfolio
medias – the new Schaeffler sales and consulting platform